cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I really want to cry.. Telus is hurting both my business & my credit score

namsj88
Just Moved In

Timeline #1: 

On August this year, we took over the business in Surrey. 

We wanted to use the same phone number.

So we submitted the Transfer of Ownership request. Specifically asked for transferring the phone line to us.

We got an email from Telus that both Phone and Internet have been transferred.

I immediately replied to the agent and said that was a mistake. We asked for a phone line only.

The agent replied back to me 

On Thu, Aug 10, 2023 at 4:34 PM BCX Wireline Voice <[email protected]> wrote:

Hello,

Yes, we only transferred to incoming is [removed - mod edit].

Sincerely, 

Transfer of Business Ownership Team, Solution Delivery & Support

TELUS Business

I was relieved. Then I realized later that I was billed for both internet and phone.

That's when all the problems have piled up. I've tried emailing multiple times and calling multiple times to get the internet part of the bill off of my plan and bills.

I even got an email on September 23 back from the same agent that she/he will cancel the internet but it did not happen.  

--------- Forwarded message ---------

Date: Fri, Sep 29, 2023 at 1:45 PM

Subject: Re: Transfer of Business Ownership Request: Completed 

To: [removed - mod edit]>

Hello,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention! Apologies for what happened. We created a request to rectify the error and cancel the internet service  under this account number [removed - mod edit] and to remove this service to  your  billing  statement. You can monitor the  request under  case ID number [removed - mod edit]. You may also call our  Loyalty and Retention department at 1-866-988-3587 for further assistance.

That was back in September. Now until November, no one is helping me properly to revise the bills nor cancel the internet service. Now, I am getting emails from Telus that they will cancel the service and this will affect my credit score. This is about to affect both my business and my credit. This is completely unacceptable how the cases are handled. I've talked to many agents and chats after this email to follow up and I just found out the case was closed without being resolved. And nothing was communicated with me.

Evetime I talk to someone over the phone they ask me to call Loyalty and Retention department. I was on hold trying to call for hours and hours. When the agent was transferring me to the department of Loyalty and Retention, the phone just get disconnected. That has happened to me more than 10 times.

They will cut my phone line I am a restaurant owner.. This will hurt my business especially we have lots of take out and they warned me they will hurt my credit score too. What the hell am I supposed to do. No one is helping me.

Business owners ... PLEASE BE CAREFUL IF YOU EVER TRANFER THE OWNERSHIP FROM TELUS

1 REPLY 1

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello. This is definitely not the experience we want our Business clients to have. I'll send you a PM to discuss further.