cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do you stop the beeping from the alarm

losingitquick
Neighbour

it says on panel low battery.  I have turned off all the volume.  The webpage says to call in.  I have to leave the house and when I return it will be after customer service closes.  My kids are going crazy like me with the beeping.  Help please URGENTLY

3 REPLIES 3

dru
Community Manager
Community Manager

@losingitquick A new battery would need to be ordered but it's not something that can be arranged over community, unfortunately.

Do the muting options (through the panel) help at all? Here's a guide that covers a few different panels.

Thank for that but my panel is a Qolsys IQ.  Turning off the volume and removing chimes did not work.  The sound was coming from the fire alarm.  I initially had my home security with ADT and now it was bought over by Telus.  When I was with ADT, I was told to never touch the fire alarm.  I touched it once and received a call within 1 minute saying my fire alarm is going off at ADT central.  So I waited 1.5 hours on the phone to find out I can remove the fire alarm.  I was told that I need to replace the battery with 3888 which is a small round battery.  I opened up the fire alarm and it was 3 triple A batteries. 🤔   Website not very helpful with this. 

Totally my bad for leaving out that panel. 

Were you able to replace the 3 batteries? If so, did that stop the beeping?