cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SmartHome App Apple Watch

SteveBH
Neighbour

Upgraded to Series 9 Apple Watch.  Telus SmartHome app works on the watch except when trying to access thermostat settings.  When trying to access heat, schedule or fan settings the app crashes and returns to watch face.  Have tried resetting Apple Watch, removing and reinstalling app but nothing works to get full functionality of app on Apple Watch.  Anyone experiencing similar problem or any fix.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

I checked and there's no definitive answer I can see on my end here (in light of you doing all the correct troubleshooting already). Give our team a call at 1-855-255-8828 so they can investigate further!

View solution in original post

Thanks for responding. Apparently the issue requires an update to the app so that it is compatible with the Series 9 Apple Watch. When and if this happens is an open question.

Again thanks for taking the time to try and address this issue.

Steve
[mod edit - private info]

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

I checked and there's no definitive answer I can see on my end here (in light of you doing all the correct troubleshooting already). Give our team a call at 1-855-255-8828 so they can investigate further!

Thanks for responding. Apparently the issue requires an update to the app so that it is compatible with the Series 9 Apple Watch. When and if this happens is an open question.

Again thanks for taking the time to try and address this issue.

Steve
[mod edit - private info]

I have an older Apple Watch (series 4) and also crashes when access heat, schedule or fan

Isn't that interesting.  I traded up from a Series 4 which worked seamlessly with my iPhone 8 Plus.  It is only after upgrading that the app started to crash.  Sorting these issues out is probably not a priority with Telus.