cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SmartHome Security FAQ

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Here's a handy list of FAQ's that we've seen here and across our social media channels. As always, if you can't find your answer here, you can always post here in the SmartHome Security forum to ask the community!

What can I do if I'm experiencing technical issues? We got you covered! Take a look at this page where we have a bunch of Q&A videos and articles to help troubleshoot your mobile & app portalpanel, hubs & sensorsvideo cameras & automation devices

Do I need Wi-Fi to use SmartHome Security Services? Yes, you’ll need high-speed internet service to support outdoor camera use and to be within the TELUS Mobility HSPA coverage area. Visit our Coverage Map to find out if you qualify. 

What if I'm not within the HSPA coverage area, or require a more custom package for my custom home? Visit our TELUS Custom Security Systems to learn more about the options available for limited or no cellular coverage, and the options we have available to create a more customized package that can fit your needs! 

Will I get a discount on my home insurance? Security customers can receive a discount on their home insurance from 5% to 20% depending on their insurance provider! To put that into perspective, most homes save ~$250 per year with a monitored alarm and smoke detection. These insurance savings help to offset your monitoring fee while increasing the safety and value of your home. 

Can I pair additional devices to my SmartHome Security system?

Our system integrates with many other popular SmartHome products! For a complete list of compatible devices, please click here.

Don’t have security services yet, but curious as to what we can offer you? Fill out the form for the service of your choice and a sales representative will contact you to go over the offers available that will fit your needs! 

That's all for now. Remember to post in our forum if you have any other questions!

0 REPLIES 0