cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Norton on-line security

Olympus
Friendly Neighbour

One day last week, on a landline, I telephoned our bank and spoke with a representative to resolve issues accessing my account.   While on the phone I was also on-line following instructions.  The issues were resolved.   Two days later I tried to log in and was denied access.   I called the bank and spoke with the fraud department.  The same day my log in problems were resolved, someone in the Chicago area (I live in BC) with a different computer ID logged into our bank account. They had my bank card number, new password and the answers to the 3 security questions.    Under the loyalty program, we were given Norton Security sometime last year.  Only two adults in our household and no one else has ever used this computer.   There is no evidence our e-mails or other sites have been hacked.   I alerted Telus but they seem disinterested.  Given they are selling Norton on-line service and providing it to their customers I think they should be.  I attempted to reach Norton but ....    Has anyone else had a similar experience?

8 REPLIES 8

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

Hello! What did Norton say regarding this situation?

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.

I was unable to get through to Norton via telephone and couldn't find a chat line or ability to e-mail.

Sorry to hear that. I wanted to attach this link for chat support with Norton. Please send us a message if you run into any more issues and we will be happy to help

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.

Thank you for the link. I will contact them and let you know the outcome.

Enjoy your day.

Please do! 

Hello;    I contacted the Norton chat line on 2 occasions.  After describing the issue and being assigned a case number, I was asked to contact them again once the activity code was received from our bank.    I contacted them a 2nd time to clarify we don't need assistance from them with our bank but wanted to alert them to what we consider a significant security breach.   The response I got was that they were the technical department and I needed to contact CSA TFN 844-388-0386 which apparently is a phone number for the department that pursues these matters.   Considering the situation, a pretty lame response and won't go through the effort of contacting this department.    We have had a factory reset on our computer and are using MalwareBytes so hope our computer is more secure.

When you were resolving your issues online the other day did you answer or set the 3 questions? If so then it's possible the device you used is infected with spyware that captured that information.

Hello;

I agree. Thanks for pointing that out. We have had our computer hard drive wiped clean and no longer use Norton.

Enjoy your day.