cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMEI number not accepted on Home Security Panel

vortex111
Neighbour

I'm a new-to-Telus Smart Home security customer.  I recently received my panel and sensors in the mail. 

Now, for the problem: I signed-in to the Smart Home app, chose "Self-Installation", and the app asked me for the IMEI number. 

I entered the IMEI number on the panel -- unfortunately, the IMEI number is not being accepted.  I've had 2 other people, in the room, verify and independently enter the number as printed on the panel.

The app says to call a phone number for assistance (1-855...).   I did -- but after ~15 minutes of waiting, it hung up on me.

Next, I signed in on a PC at https://telus.com/securitysetup,  but upon doing so, the website said, "

Your SmartHome Security services have not yet been set up.".

So ... without a working customer service number (given that it hung up on me), and without a valid IMEI for the panel,  and without the ability to sign in on PC ... are there any other steps I should try before I return the product and demand a refund?

2 REPLIES 2

vortex111
Neighbour

Follow-up:  I entered the IMEI number (on my panel) into an online IMEI database, and it was able to successfully identify the make/model of panel based.  

So, I'm not entering it incorrectly -- it seems that the Telus Smart Home setup process is broken, either generally for everyone, or perhaps just for me.  (sigh)

IMEI.info:

IMEI: TAC: 01XXXX FAC: XX SNR: 8XXXXX CD: X

vortex111
Neighbour

Update --

After several hours, I was able to get through to an agent at Telus, who added by panel's IMEI number.

After a full day of setting up sensors, I'm finally ready to finish-off the installation ... and the system refuses to accept the setting of the emergency contacts on the account.  (See the "Unexpected error occurred".)  

vortex111_0-1667173798819.png

Without this, the monitoring system can't be notified and I can't use the app.

Anyone else encounter this?

(I have to admit, this has been a day-long exercise in frustration...)