cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t use the SmartHome app after getting a new phone

Grayling
Neighbour

Hoping someone reads this and can help.

I am listed as a user on the SmartHome ap security system with Telus and the account is under my husband. The ap worked no problem with my Telus login for me as a user until I got a new phone. We even moved houses and got a new security system set up and my log in still worked flawlessly. Now I cannot login and use the ap with the new phone. It says I must link the account but I can’t link it. When trying to link it doesn’t work as it’s my husbands account. This is very frustrating I can’t even use my own security system! 

I’ve called the 1 (855) 255-8828 number and been on hold for 3 hours with two different people to no avail. Please help and don’t just say call that number. It did not help at all. Is there any other solution?

3 REPLIES 3

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

Would you recall what the support team tried with you over the phone?

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.

One said I can’t log in with my own MyTelus account which isn’t true as I have before. Another person sent me a link to add my email account in the mail ap (which isn’t related to my issue). 

I also tried linking MyTelus to this security account but it didn’t work (as it’s my husbands account).

Mostly I was on hold and they didn’t know how to address the issue.