cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arm House from Door Pad

thecassiepaige
Neighbour

How can I set my alarm to arming away when I lock the door from just the PAD? We've had Vivint previously and we had that option and with the Telus system it arms away even with locking the door from inside. 

10 REPLIES 10

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

To set your alarm to arm away when you lock the door from the keypad, you can try these steps:

Access the Alarm System Menu:

• On your Telus alarm panel, press the “Menu” or “Settings” button to access the system settings.

Navigate to Arming Options:

• Look for the option labeled “Arming Options” or “Security Settings.” This section typically allows you to customize how your system arms.

Set Arming Mode:

• Find the setting for “Lock and Arm” or similar. Select the option to arm the system in “Away” mode when the door is locked from the keypad.

Save Settings:

• Confirm and save your settings. Exit the menu.

Test the Setup:

• Lock the door using the keypad and check if the system arms in away mode.

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.

But will it also do it when locked from inside?

Unfortunately, the feature to arm the system away when locking the door from the inside isn’t available with the current setup. It typically only works when you lock the door from the outside.

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.

Like the original poster, we also don't have the setting options you refer to. Can you please post the fix?

I don't have the arming option or security setting on our panel.

When I set it up on the website it sets the alarm when the door lock is locked from the inside or outside. We just want it from the outside and I don't have the options your talking about

[mod edit: removed personal info]

We'll send you a private message to try to help further

We're in the same position as this original poster. What is the fix? 

Thank you

Hello! There's currently no way to automate the arming of the system (either 'stay' or 'away') when the door is locked from the keypad only. You can automatically arm it when your door is locked, and an option to disarm everything with the door keypad, but not arm it. We'll definitely pass this feedback along to our SmartHome team as we're aware this is an important feature for some users.

For your situation though there's still a few options:

- Adjusting the timeframes that the auto arm feature would be active if it works for your situation at all (via the Automation menu)

- Try using Smart Arming, which automatically arms the alarm at a certain time if no activity has been detected for a period of time. There's also settings for this that you can tweak that might make it work for your situation as well. (done via logging in to the SmartHome website --> Automation --> Smart Arming)

We know that these are workarounds per se, but let us know if there's any other info we can look in to for you about this.

Did you receive a fix? We're in the exact position you are, including having vivint previously. Can't figure this fix out.