cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADT Customer - Need to order sensor replacement

morecowbell
Neighbour

Originally an ADT customer 

Today my smoke alarm started chirping and now won't stop going off as a tamper alarm. Sending dogs into a panic and also in the perspective that the only way to stop it is to remove the battery.

Called into technical support to order a replacement, after 30 minutes being told they can't order a replacement themselves, I have place an order to buy one outright. Okay, I think this used to be covered in my ADT contract but I don't have the time at the moment to get into the detail, I just need a functioning smoke detector.

Nowhere online is there a place to order just a replacement smoke detector... so how am I supposed to do this?

Now I have been on hold for 70 minutes and counting waiting for the loyalty department to order a replacement. Is there not a link I can access to do this online as a self-serve??? Who has this time??

Why has the support for ADT customers been so horrific? Went through something similar last year with our CO2 sensor but at least that time (after losing a half day of my vacation) I was connected with someone who ordered the replacement and had it sent to our house. Telus is doing nothing to sell me on staying with them. 

1 REPLY 1

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

The battery needs to be replaced why it is chirping. Once you replace the battery and close the door the operation will be restored.