cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIK TV logos and nothing more on TELUS Pik TV media box

LRCQ
Neighbour

Haven’t used my TELUS Pik TV media box in several years. (Instead been watching on iPad.) I connected the box back up to my TV and other apps like Netflix and YouTube are working fine. But the PIK TV app just seems to hang. I select it and the logo page appears but then nothing else happens. What gives?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

KHR
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Support for the Pik TV app on the Pik TV Media box was removed in June 2022 as Google stopped pushing security updates to their Android P operating system in early 2022 and the chipset on that box was no longer eligible for OS upgrades. Customers who were actively using the box in early 2022 would have been contacted about their options; in short, the TELUS TV Digital Box is available to rent, or you can continue to access the TELUS TV+ app on Apple TV, Android TV, Google TV, iOS, Android mobile or at telustvplus.com. Best to reach out to customer support to discuss your options.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

KHR
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Support for the Pik TV app on the Pik TV Media box was removed in June 2022 as Google stopped pushing security updates to their Android P operating system in early 2022 and the chipset on that box was no longer eligible for OS upgrades. Customers who were actively using the box in early 2022 would have been contacted about their options; in short, the TELUS TV Digital Box is available to rent, or you can continue to access the TELUS TV+ app on Apple TV, Android TV, Google TV, iOS, Android mobile or at telustvplus.com. Best to reach out to customer support to discuss your options.