cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

watching demand shows on app - little symbol on screen of box with two lines inside of it

Pollock
Friendly Neighbour

Hi there,

When I watch Demand shows on the Telus phone app, there is a little symbol on the top left corner of the screen ... a little rectangle with two vertical lines inside of it.  When I click on it, I don't notice anything changes.  What is this for?

3 REPLIES 3

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

That icon will expand the video to full widescreen. Whether or not it works will depend on the size of the screen on your phone. If it's 16x9 you may not notice any difference. If it's wider like a number of phones (iPhone, S21 etc) that button will zoom the image so that the black bars on either side of it are gone.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

Pollock
Friendly Neighbour

Ok, makes sense that it made no difference when I clicked on it as I am watching on an older iPhone.  Thank you so kindly for your time in answering!!

KHR
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

This is to go fullscreen. Depending on the aspect ratio and/or screen size of your device, you may already be in fullscreen, which is why you won't see any changes. On an iPhone 12, pressing this button causes the picture to zoom in very slightly to remove the two black bars on either side of the screen. On an iPad mini, it zooms in to remove the black bars on the top and bottom of the screen.