cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You are not subscribed to recordings

Sassygrams
Just Moved In

Just got my new Telus device but I’m getting the above error.  When I signed up, the person I talked to said that cloud recordings were included for free now. But as soon as I installed the device and got it up and running and tried to record for the first time, it’s telling me I can’t. Is there something I’m supposed to do first? I already have my Telus account and when I login there, there’s nothing I can see that talks about enabling recordings for my account

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

KHR
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

It depends on which combo you've selected; for the Core package, recordings are an optional add-on for $10/month. For 4 Theme Packs + 1 Premium or 7 Theme Packs + 1 Premium, recordings are included in the regular monthly price. At this time, if you're not subscribed to recordings and would like to add them, you need to get in touch with a customer service representative; I'd recommend using the chat function for speed rather than calling in.  

KHR_0-1710260637149.png

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

KHR
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

It depends on which combo you've selected; for the Core package, recordings are an optional add-on for $10/month. For 4 Theme Packs + 1 Premium or 7 Theme Packs + 1 Premium, recordings are included in the regular monthly price. At this time, if you're not subscribed to recordings and would like to add them, you need to get in touch with a customer service representative; I'd recommend using the chat function for speed rather than calling in.  

KHR_0-1710260637149.png

What a scam. You’re charging for recordings??

KHR
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

On the entry-level packages, recordings are an optional add-on now, yes. This was based on customer research which showed that a significant number of people would rather pay less and not have recordings. In order to address this feedback, TELUS dropped the price of the Core package to $35 per month (a combo previously known as Essentials) and made recordings optional at $10 per month. In addition, we dropped the monthly rental price of a 4K PVR from $20 to $10 for a TELUS TV Digital Box. Even if you factor in recordings for $10, the total price is lower than it was a year ago, and you now have the ability to watch recordings on the go. 

First - She was VERY clear with me on the phone that Telus had so many complaints they no longer charge for the recordings.   Second - she understood that I was getting recordings because we had an entire conversation about it.  We were VERY clear with each other about which package I was getting. She's the one who offered up that I'd still get recordings and not be billed the 10.00 a month because of all the complaints.   So consider this yet another complaints about the recordings.  I spoke to someone else live who has discounted my account due to the confusion the first agent seemed to have had.  

On top of that, I had the system for barely 4 days before it stopped working during a recording play-back.  And it wasn't just that one recording, it wouldn't play live TV anymore either.  The guide was up to date, correct hour shown, but just went to black screen when trying to play live tv, on-demand or a recording.  It forced me to do a reboot TWICE before it worked.  PS - wow - lots of steps for a simple reboot option! 

Clearly this system wasn't ready for prime time and hopefully Telus fixes their billing and technical issues quickly.   I'd move to Shaw but I prefer the internet here.  That's the ONLY reason I'm still here. 😞 

These cable company’s really know how to piss people off. This is why no one wants cable anymore. All a scam for over inflated garbage “core” tv. It’s a scam and telus did nothing for the customers then just line their pockets. Pure greed. Now I remember why I cancelled and probably will again.