cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will my Telus TV+ app work in Europe?

Jen19
Friendly Neighbour
We're going to Italy and Greece in April/May. During hockey playoffs. My husband is a big Canucks fan and they're doing amazing this year. I'm hoping to be able to use the Telus TV+ app to watch some games while we're there. Will this work?
9 REPLIES 9

Optik-Kate
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @Jen19 , the TELUS TV+ app can only be used in Canada as TELUS and Optik TV only have content rights in Canada. 

Jen19
Friendly Neighbour
What if I brought the android box with me. Would that pose the same problem?

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Yes. Same problem. It still needs a Canadian IP address to work. Easier to use a VPN on your phone or tablet than on the Android box.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

Jen19
Friendly Neighbour
I figured there could be issues. I've never used a VPN but I'll get one for a month and hopefully I can use the app while we're there. Thanks for the info.

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

My understanding is that it won't work outside of Canada. It's possible you could get it to work with a VPN connection to Canada.

Here is a recent post mentioning this:

When will Telus allow me to watch my channels/reco... - TELUS Neighbourhood

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

Rocky3
Rockstar

Check your PC antivirus program. Norton 360 has VPN. Choose a location in Canada and watch the games.

Jen19
Friendly Neighbour
I won't have my laptop with me. I'll try getting a VPN on my phone. See if that works.

Rocky3
Rockstar

Ok, then get yourself a dongle to plug into a HDMI port of a big screen TV and Project the show from phone to the TV.

Used to do that before TelusTV+ for prime etc.

Jen19
Friendly Neighbour
Exactly what I planned. Have an old chromecast I didn't think I'd need again. Glad I hung onto it.