cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Watch/See TV via PVR (HDMI) on my PC

double_eh
Neighbour

Hello all,

I have a Dell All-In-One PC and I cannot see any TV at all! I have both power plugged in and HDMI connected. I was really hoping to be able to use this as the PC has it's own speakers. I'm wondering if it might have something to do with not being connected to the Wi-Fi? How would I even do that from the PC? Any ideas? Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

According to Dell's website, that model appears to only have a video out port. It doesn't support video in through HDMI. You won't be able to use your PC as a TV. The alternative is to watch TV via browser.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Which model of Dell do you have? It's very rare to find AIOs with HDMI inputs on them.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

It's the Dell Inspiron 3475 AIO with the touch screen, thanks.

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

According to Dell's website, that model appears to only have a video out port. It doesn't support video in through HDMI. You won't be able to use your PC as a TV. The alternative is to watch TV via browser.

Thank you for looking that up for me Nighthawk. So basically this second box and emote are useless unless/until we get a 2nd TV (which I highly doubt as we have not need for one). 

I guess the TV App 'aint the end of the world and being able to touch the screen to control everything will be kinda cool. Still stupid there is no video in port!

Thanks again.