cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TelusTV-21T What is the most important grievance we can all agree upon

Rocky3
Rockstar

I was thinking about this time delay for a resolution to an issue. Optik Kate let us know Bulk delete ability may be available in June. Now we know there is hope in 6 months. 

Is there a priority list? I mean Bulk delete is needed for sure and would be welcome when a marathon of re-runs are recorded overnight which you saw last week, BUT, I have to ask what will be fixed this month.

List 1 to 10, one being the most important to you and 10 the least, 

That is the question. Here is my list;

-Series recordings

-Series next season not automaticly recorded

-My favorite channels as default guide when you turn it on, not pictures of shows

-Fast forward and rewind watching screen change, not guessing

-NOT Freezing of audio/video while watching

-Missing episodes of a series or season

-No show details pop up when cursor on guide 

-Losing channels, no comparable replacement offered, no lower fees

-Option to delete a recording when watched

-Bulk delete

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

KHR
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @MrSL 

Your grievances have a DIRECT impact on our roadmap and backlog prioritization. What customers want and are asking for is one of the most important parts of product development. I think we can all agree that there is no point in developing things that nobody values.

@Optik-Kate and I (along with our forum moderators) take customer feedback from a variety of sources and pass that along to our development teams. From there, prioritization is done with inputs including number of people affected, impact of the feature/bug squashing, development effort/cost, time to implement etc.

We don't have a lot of control over development timelines but I can assure you that the team is actively working on a good number of the items on @Rocky3 's list. Some others we'll be looking for more specific details on. If there's anything you'd like to see or see improved - share it with us! It's not every day you have a conduit directly into the people developing the products you use.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

MrSL
Leader

Hi @Rocky3 , "Happy New Year" well there must be an ongoing (huge) list of bug fixes. As to whether us mere 'paying customers' get informed is another matter and I doubt our grievances would have any impact on their priority.

My most important grievance... Being charged full price for a woefully inadequate system! Cloud recording has been around a few years. I had a Shaw / Rogers 4k WiFi STB with cloud recording and they don't have any of these issues!

It took 6 months just to get a guide that shows a 'New' or 'Live' broadcasts! I predict it's still going to be broken for a long time based on the past 7 months improvements... If Telus are trying to 'redesign the wheel' with this system, it should have been done before releasing it to the paying customers.

Still counting the days...

KHR
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @MrSL 

Your grievances have a DIRECT impact on our roadmap and backlog prioritization. What customers want and are asking for is one of the most important parts of product development. I think we can all agree that there is no point in developing things that nobody values.

@Optik-Kate and I (along with our forum moderators) take customer feedback from a variety of sources and pass that along to our development teams. From there, prioritization is done with inputs including number of people affected, impact of the feature/bug squashing, development effort/cost, time to implement etc.

We don't have a lot of control over development timelines but I can assure you that the team is actively working on a good number of the items on @Rocky3 's list. Some others we'll be looking for more specific details on. If there's anything you'd like to see or see improved - share it with us! It's not every day you have a conduit directly into the people developing the products you use.

Gadzuk
Organizer

My grievance is that the 21 T's video and audio quality are inferior to those of the prior Optik STB.  I have an 85" 4k HDR TV, and it looks great with the old Telus box and 3rd party streaming apps on my Apple TV. 

Cable TV images with the 21T are blurry with compression artifacts, and the sound quality via my Atmos equipment is tinny and lacks depth.  I read that a fix has been in the works for months and imminent, but how on earth did this get delivered to subscribers?

When wired cable TV is inferior to internet streaming then how will Telus keep customers?  It's literally your only advantage against cord cutters.