cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telus remote & tv remote

GAM
Helpful Neighbour

I have a Hisense Smart ( Goggle) Tv I have the Telus remote set to turn on the TV as well I can scroll down to input HDMI 1 problem I now need to use the TV remote to accept the HDMI input. Why doesn’t the Telus remote accept the input choice. Why must I do this every time I turn in the TV

7 REPLIES 7

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

At this time, we are only able to control our own TELUS boxes with our remotes. For features like accepting the HDMI input, you may need to continue using your TV's remote. We understand that this may be inconvenient, but unfortunately, the TELUS remote is not equipped to manage certain functions of third-party devices such as your Hisense Smart TV.

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.

GAM
Helpful Neighbour
Ok but once I choose HDMI why does it not remain on HDMI

Gary

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Check the settings on the TV for inputs. On my smart TV, which is a different brand, after a software update it defaulted to switching to the smart TV interface instead of the previously used HDMI input. That's even with CEC enabled on the set top box. I had to go into my TV's settings and eventually found the setting for inputs. I changed it to specifically the one HDMI input and it's been fine ever since. Hopefully Hisense was smart enough to include a similar setting.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

GAM
Helpful Neighbour
I can see the options for input however I need to use the TV remote to choose the HDDMI, that could be the problem

Gary

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

It's not the main input settings. On my TV it's under the main system settings under a heading of Input at Power On.

input.jpg

If it was left as Automatic, it would default to the smart interface on the TV instead of the last HDMI used. It also seemed to override CEC so the box turning on wouldn't change inputs. This may just be limited to the brand of TV I have though.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

GAM
Helpful Neighbour
Sorry not sure what you mean.

Gary

Rocky3
Rockstar

Using your TV remote check settings HDMI. Does it have an auto HDMI, so it chooses for you, or a default.

I cannot remember a VCR, DVD player remote controlling TV.