cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crave 3 TV Listings

BobArthur
Ambassador

For the last week or so I have noticed that the Telus on-screen listings for Crave 3 ( channel 408 in Vancouver ) are not matching up with what is currently airing on the channel. Right now ( 3 pm on Friday ) the Telus listings show " The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring " on Crave 3 but the channel is airing a film called " Storm Seekers " which is listed as airing on Crave 3 earlier today from 8:50 am to 10:25 am. All the other Crave channels have the correct listings but there is definitely an issue with Crave 3.

11 REPLIES 11

IWannaC2
Organizer

Having same issue….same channel.  I’m in Calgary, AB.  6 -hour lag difference between guide and broadcast.  My deets posted to separate thread.  

https://forum.telus.com/t5/Optik-TV/Crave-3-W-channel-Broadcast-is-6-hours-behind-Guide-list/m-p/154...

xray
Hero

I confirm that the guide listings for Crave W are out by about 6 hours. When Morning Comes just finished at 10:29 AM and the guide says we should be part way through Dio: Dreamers Never Die. When Morning Comes was scheduled to be on earlier at 3:00 AM according to the guide.

@A-B

IWannaC2
Organizer

According to telus tech, this may be just my connection(s), may be my “hub group”, may be municipality-wide, may be provincial, may be county-wide…in other words they don’t know.

My deets are Calgary (NE), Alberta.

Crave subscription through Telus

Fibre optic connection

4k digital tv wireless boxes

If anyone else in this vicinity who also is subscribed to the Crave channels, through telus, if they have the same issue, please submit to this thread.

ISSUE

on the 4k tv boxes (not via internet) Crave 3W channel (CRVM3WHD) (channel 408 in Calgary) lists a program on the guide, however, the program that is being broadcast is not the one listed on the guide.  There is a 6-hour discrepancy between the two.

For example:

(using current date/time.  Aug 11, 2024, 6:35 am)

The guide lists “Selena + Chef” as the program for that time (6:35 - 7:10 am)

The program actually (currently) being broadcast is “Crisis” which (according to the guide) should have been broadcast at 11:55 pm (last night) to 2:00 am this morning…..a 6-hour delay between guide listing and broadcast.

this makes it impossible to set any recordings for this channel. This has been noticed since Friday, august 2, 2024, however this also explains why some shows set to record on that channel over the past few months recorded the incorrect program (although, title, description was correct in “recordings” list.

this issue seems to be lost with Telus….they have opened 4 different tickets surrounding this issue (and related problems their “tinkering” caused). Equipment has been rebooted, even factory-reset, crave subscription has been removed and reinstated, TV boxes re-registered, but problem persists on all 3 of my 4k tv boxes.  

the new “Evolution” boxes are NOT an option as they are functionally a piece os crap….look pretty, but from a user’s perspective, are like stepping back to the days of Fred and Wilma.

so…..is anyone else noticing this same problem…in calgary, or throughout areas telus “services”?

again they claim “nobody else has this issue”….seems a common answer.

please add if applies to you…and phone Telus to raise a complaint.

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

We do receive the guide data from a third party though of course with multiple reports from different locations, it's definitely something worth looking in to. We've flagged this with our Optik team to pass along, and will report back when/if we hear anything. Appreciate the flags, everyone.

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.

xray
Hero

Could it be that the guide times are missing the time zone offset?

BobArthur
Ambassador

What the heck is going on here ???? Not only is the on-screen schedule for Crave 3 messed up but now there's another issue on a different channel. I noticed yesterday that the audio and video were slightly out of sync on Stingray RETRO ( channel 582 in Vancouver ). I just checked both channels again ( 7:30 pm Wednesday ) and they are both still having the same technical problems. Come on Telus - this really shouldn't be taking this long to find a solution. 

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

Have you tried rebooting your equipment, including Optik boxes, to see if that resyncs the audio?

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.

IWannaC2
Organizer

Hello fellow peeps.

while on the phone morning with Telus, doing a follow up on above out of sync issue on Crave 3 channel, while discussing with representative, the guide refreshed itself and lo-and-behold, Crave 3 went from out-of-sync to in-sync right before my eyes…the rep did nothing, but was happy if was finally resolved (or appeared to be)

all who reported on this, let me know via this thread if it also is fixed at your locals too.

Good luck

PS…

this happened approximately 9:15 am mountain time (alberta), and t was the listing (title, description)) that refreshed…the broadcast (storm chaser) continued playing properly 

now the title matches the broadcast 

xray
Hero

The guide info for Crave 3 seems to be in sync now with what's actually on.

Crave 3 is now functioning properly for me too. Plus the audio and video are once again perfectly synced up on the Stingray RETRO channel too. Thanks to whoever helped fix these issues. 👍