cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Remote not pairing with LG TV

Wobblyfish
Friendly Neighbour

Hello, 

I'm running into an issue and support doesn't seem like they can help. I have an LG Oled TV and I'm unable to pair it with the remote that came with the optik tv box. 

When I try and do it from settings it tries 3 codes, but none of them work. Looking at websites lg tvs can have up to 12 codes. Tried calling support and they said there isn't a way to insert codes manually so I need to live with it. 

Sucks cause I just activated last week from Shaw which was working fine... 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Wobblyfish
Friendly Neighbour

Thanks I figured it out, it was my sonos causing issues. I had to unplug it, pair it and then plug it back in and now it works. 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

Hey @Wobblyfish sorry to hear you're having issues. Have you taken a look at this guide to pair your remote?

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.

Wobblyfish
Friendly Neighbour

Hey Telus Support, 

I did & I also called in to Technical Support, but weren't able to help. It was frustrating because it took several hours to finally get an answer and alot of repeated steps.  

The issue is the Telus TV Remote can only link to the TV by going through settings, which only tries 3 codes for LG TV. LG is known to have 18 Codes according to Telus's documentation

It's frustrating because the Slimline Remotes have the functionality to manually enter TV codes. If you have any idea how I can get it to work it'll be apperciated. 

Thanks for the response. I will add some codes here to try to help. Please us know which works: 017, 273, 266, 178, 059, 197

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.

Hey Telus Support, 

How would I go about entering codes for the Telus TV Digital Box Remote? Settings doesn't give me an option to manually try codes. 

Try these steps:

1. Press and hold both the input and OK buttons on your remote for 3 seconds. The green LED should stay on.
2.  Enter the first code using the number pad. The green LED will blink twice and then go off. 
3. Test the mute or volume up/down button. If these work, you're done.
4. If they don't work, repeat steps 1-3 for subsequent codes.

I tried these and it didn't work. 

I ended up taking my Arc Cable of my Sonos Playbase and put it directly into the Telus Box. The remote is now controlling the Playbase Audio at least. The problem now is no other inputs for game consoles have audio, and the TV Box is just playing audio despite the TV having it's input changed.

So it seems I need a solution for one of these:

• Having the Remove Control TV/Audio while Playbase is directly wired into the TV
  • Getting Optical Audio to my consoles if my TV Input is switched. 

jackrabbit000
Ambassador

I have a LG OLED TV and my Telus Slimline 2 remote programs to code 1638

Wobblyfish
Friendly Neighbour

Thanks I figured it out, it was my sonos causing issues. I had to unplug it, pair it and then plug it back in and now it works.