cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stingray Web Player with Telus broken

xray
Hero

Anyone else having issues with the Stingray Web Player when logged in with Telus as the provider?

https://webplayer.stingray.com

When I link the Web player using the mobile app it gives me access but there's no content. I can't see any channels.

xray_1-1702277552248.png

If I do a search I get this:

xray_0-1702277495963.png

When I log on to the Web player with a different account not linked to Telus there is content but there are also ads.

10 REPLIES 10

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

Just tried it and I'm seeing the same thing.

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

xray
Hero

Thanks for checking. 👍

I wonder if this issue is related to the Chromecast problem I'm also experiencing with the Stingray mobile app. I'm getting error 29 trying to cast to any cast enabled speaker. I contacted Stingray support but got nowhere.

Screenshot_20231210-231344_Stingray_Music.png

KHR
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

It took a bit of doing since I've never used Stingray before (first I had to download the mobile app and sign in with TELUS, then connect to the browser), but I'm up and running on Chrome. I can see the search functions and play music. It did take a bit to load, however. I'll check with the Stingray experts to see if there's anything going on.

xray
Hero

I just confirmed the Chromecast problem is also related to using Telus as the provider. If I log out of the app and use the free account I can cast.

xray
Hero

I'm not sure if something was fixed on the back end at Stingray but it started working again. Both the web player and Chromecast now work while using Telus as the provider.

McPat
Neighbour

Same issue too. Contacting Telus now.

KHR
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

I would try clearing your cache and cookies, logging out and logging back in before contacting TELUS support, as there is little that they'll be able to do for you on a 3rd party website. It's working fine for me on Google Chrome right now.

Are you logged in with TELUS as the provider? When I had the issue it was only when I selected TELUS as the provider. If I logged out of TELUS and used the downgraded version with ads it worked as expected.

McPat
Neighbour

Yes same issue. Contacting Telus now.

bradylove217
Just Moved In

Hasn't been working for about 6 months. Have contacted Stingray support about 3 separate times now and never get a reply back. Have tried different browsers, cleared cache. Everything. Nothing works. Get the same blank screen as the user above, shows no history - even though I have on in the app under the same profile. Do a search, says channel isn't available in my country.