Sleep mode

Highlighted
Resident
Where the setting to adjust the sleep mode on the box? Seems to be set at four hours, but I want to change it.
Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

I believe you would need to contact Telus to change that setting.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂
Highlighted
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

Hi @Jaycee7ca 

Yes, you are absolutely correct. The TELUS Optik TV PVR or Wireless HD Box will go into sleep/low power mode after 4 hours. Unfortunately there is no setting you, the consumer can change to increase the limit.

Solution: You can contact TELUS Home Service Technical Support to increase the time limit. As far as I am aware, this can be increased to a 24 hour time limit.

Options to contact TELUS support

1. Live Chat - Go to www.Telus.com/support then click the purple square on the bottom right of your screen to initiate a live chat.
    Avoid unnecessary transfers and waiting: Select TV Technical Support option.

2. Phone - Go to www.Telus.com/support/contact-us then click phone, and call the number for TELUS Home Services in AB & BC
    Avoid unnecessary transfers and waiting: When the automated system asks for the reason for your call, say or select TV Technical Support

Other topics relating to this question: Televisions sleep mode | Get Rid of OptikTV Green Screen | new optik tv box doesnt auto shut off? | How do I Turn OFF power/energy save mode on Optik PVR? | Is there anyway to turn off power saving on Optik PVR? | Why does my TV automatically shut off? | Option to disable energy saving on STB

Hope that helps!

TELUS Employee & Neighbourhood Volunteer ▪️ Found this post helpful? Let others know by clicking [❤️ Like] or [Accepted Solution].

Highlighted
Connector

The timeout options are 4 hours (default), 24 hours and completely disable.