cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returning Optik Tv box that I didn't even want..

GoldstreamGuy78
Just Moved In

I would like to confirm the process for returning the Optik Tv box that I didn't even want in the first place.

So, to start this off the tech said "yeah they're gonna ship it and you can just call to cancel"  Then UPS show up, of course while I'm at work.  So then I had to bike alllll the way down to UPS to retrieve this stupid equipment.  Now, I need to waste hours on my day off ensuring the stupid equipment gets back to Telus so that I don't get dinged for this.  I am absolutely furious!

I want confirmation for the exact steps to take to ensure this equipment is out of my life and I don't get dinged for this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

KHR
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @GoldstreamGuy78 

@ichi730's got the right steps; but I would caution that you should really only return TELUS TV equipment when you cancel the associated TV service. There's a chance that when and if you cancel your TV service, there will be a record of this equipment on file that you may be expected to return or be charged for. Since the equipment hasn't been removed from your account and the service hasn't been canceled, the returns warehouse won't be expecting it.

Is it the set-top box that you didn't want or the Optik TV service that you didn't want?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

ichi730
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi GoldstreamGuy78,

You may use this link for your reference: 

ichi730
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

KHR
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @GoldstreamGuy78 

@ichi730's got the right steps; but I would caution that you should really only return TELUS TV equipment when you cancel the associated TV service. There's a chance that when and if you cancel your TV service, there will be a record of this equipment on file that you may be expected to return or be charged for. Since the equipment hasn't been removed from your account and the service hasn't been canceled, the returns warehouse won't be expecting it.

Is it the set-top box that you didn't want or the Optik TV service that you didn't want?

Both. I do it want the TV service and I also got a TV digital box in the mail.