cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programming Slimline2 for New Sony TV

gemosley
Friendly Neighbour

Just got a new Sony XR65A95L TV and can't get my Slimline2 remote to control both.

Did a factory reset on the remote

Following the step-by-step guide:

1. Pressed Options button till 2 green blinks

2. Entered code 1466 and got 2 red blinks

3. Pressed (and held) TV button for several seconds 

Red power light on TV blinked but TV did not turn off

4. Now Optik button turns STP off and on but not TV

5. Slimline2 does, however, control volume

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

gmosley
Neighbour

Problem solved. Telus Technical Support were able to give me the latest code (1465) for my new TV and all the desired functions now work with my Optik remote.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

Most manufacturers have mulitple codes for their devices depending on model and year. Telus has a list of codes and you likely need to try an different code:

Slimline_Remote_2_Extended_Code_List.pdf (telus.com)

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

gemosley
Friendly Neighbour

Thanks. I tried all 11 codes in the list for Sony. They all blinked yellow (for amplifier).

Also tried code 0029. 

Two red blinks after entering code.

Another single red blink after about 10 seconds or so but nothing more after that.

Tried pressing and holding TV power button after that which caused a yellow light to stay on but still no control of TV.

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

I found this Sony website that should give you the code you need:

Remote Control Codes & Programming (sony.com)

Hopefully that works.

gemosley
Friendly Neighbour

Could not get anything at this site. I tried the model# of my Sony remote, my Optik remote and my TV itself. All searches came up empty.

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

In case you haven't seen this:

Program your Slimline Remote 2 for Optik TV | TELUS Support

gemosley
Friendly Neighbour

This was the set of steps I followed at the beginning of this increasingly hopeless quest.

While my initial post said the Slimline2 was able to control volume that's certainly not the case now.

The Apps function works as do the four buttons that surround the OK centre button. Pause, Start, FF and Skip all work on Optik TV content as well. Can't use the Optik remote to turn the TV on/off or to Mute or control volume. Frustrating.

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

All I can say is I have the same remote and an older Sony TV and it works for my. Possibly reset the remote and try the various codes again:

Troubleshoot Optik TV remote control issues | Support | TELUS Business

gmosley
Neighbour

Problem solved. Telus Technical Support were able to give me the latest code (1465) for my new TV and all the desired functions now work with my Optik remote.

gemosley
Friendly Neighbour

One small glitch discovered after posting the solution above. With my previous TV (an LG), The Optik button on my Slimline2 remote would power on both the TV and the STB. The image on the screen was the Telus green with a prompt tp press OK for Telus/Optik programming. The appeal of this was that, for the most part, I only had to use (and find) one remote. Now, with the new Sony, the Optik button has been set to turn on both TV and the STB but the screen displayed depends on what was last used. In other words, there's no guarantee I'll get the Telus Home screen.
Any ideas on how to default to the Telus Home screen when powering on?

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

This would be a setting on your TV if available.