cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with screensaver not working properly

paulsanderson
Neighbour

Hello, I have the newer Telus Digital Box that uses the cloud. I'm just having a problem with the screensaver. I have it set to colours, to start after 15 minutes. But it always displays the other option, the backdrop one instead. And that's if I'm on one the main homescreens. If I leave a recorded program paused though, the screensaver doesn't come on at all. Does anyone have any ideas to fix this? Thanks!

Paul

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

paulsanderson
Neighbour

Oh, that explains it. I do see the informational screensaver first, but I thought that was the Backdrop one, since only it and Colours are named in the settings. I didn't know that was a custom default screensaver that comes on first. I'd prefer it just went straight to Colours or Backdrop then, but I guess that can't be changed?

I also didn't know that the screensaver won't activate when something you're watching is paused. I didn't see that mentioned anywhere either.

So it actually is working the way it's supposed to after all. Now I know! Thanks for your help!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

KHR
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

The 'Colours' screensaver works fine for me on 2 different boxes, so it may be worth seeing if you have any system updates available (Settings > Device settings > Device Preferences > About > System update) or rebooting your box (Settings > Device settings > Device Preferences > Restart). It's worth noting that the initial screensaver that you'll see is a custom TELUS screensaver with information about contests, new release shows and movies and tips and tricks on navigating your TV interface. After 15 minutes, this will switch to either the 'Colours' or 'Backdrop' Android TV screensavers.

It's also worth noting that by design, the screensaver will never initiate when you have the player open - this means that when you're watching live, On Demand or recordings or if any of these are paused, the screensaver won't start. The screensaver will only start if one of the navigation overlays (Home, Live, On Demand) is open,

paulsanderson
Neighbour

Oh, that explains it. I do see the informational screensaver first, but I thought that was the Backdrop one, since only it and Colours are named in the settings. I didn't know that was a custom default screensaver that comes on first. I'd prefer it just went straight to Colours or Backdrop then, but I guess that can't be changed?

I also didn't know that the screensaver won't activate when something you're watching is paused. I didn't see that mentioned anywhere either.

So it actually is working the way it's supposed to after all. Now I know! Thanks for your help!