cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Optik tv+

Superman77
Friendly Neighbour
Why am I being penalized for being a loyal customer? I want to upgrade to Optik tv evolution but because I’m a current customer I can’t upgrade. That just seems like a big F you for being a loyal customer.
7 REPLIES 7

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

The current Arris and Technicolor boxes work flawlessly. You can  access netflix, prime video etc on them. What features are you hoping to gain with the new hardware? Keep in mind the android tv hardware is new and will take time to have in excessive quantities. I am sure once supplies levels will allow you would be offered a switch over if you'd like.

Well I was able to get my hands on the new android boxes however I can’t upgrade to Evolution because I’m a current subscriber using the legacy system. I wanted the option to install apps that I would find useful like Disney+ and Apple TV+.

You can simply buy an android tv box. Based on the reviews, discussions and complaints, it absolutely does not warrant the hustle unless Telus gives out the box with a monthly subsidy lol.

Superman77
Friendly Neighbour
Well since I can’t record that would be another option. But I’ve since decided I’m going to cancel my services and go elsewhere

viperdiablo1
Advisor
I was able to upgrade from the older boxes to the newer android box about a month ago.
Not sure why you would not be able too. But as others have mentioned there is some issues with the newer android telus box.

I was able to upgrade to the new box but I don’t get the pvr function anymore because I’m on the legacy Optik tv system. I can still watch tv and use apps but not being able to record a show to watch later is unacceptable for me.

viperdiablo1
Advisor
They changed my plan from essentials to core. The rep then added the cloud PVR bundle, which does have a cost but they gave me a ongoing bill credit to offset that. You should be able to add that cloud Pvr recording as well.