cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Optik TV

kc95
Neighbour
When I set up a Telus account for my new home I was offered Telus Optik TV. I told the person I did not want it because I don’t have a TV. He offered it in a deal and assured me that I could watch it through my computer. Now I receive the TV Digital box and the setup tells me I have to plug it into a TV to set it up. What now?!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I see what you mean. I don't believe your Mac will be able to download the app but you can try going to this site and you'll be able to watch through Safari: https://telustvplus.com/#/

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

El-Eric

Hi @kc95 - We don't have a software only solution for TV so you were sent the TV box. You do not need to plug it in if you don't have a TV and if down the road you buy one, you have the equipment already.

Until then, you can watch through your laptop or tablet

Thanks. Yes I was able to get it on my iPhone with the app, but my laptop is one year out of date apparently. Not happy about that. Not planning to watch a tiny screen on my phone, and I don’t want to purchase a TV just so I can watch. Will probably send back and try to get my money back. I have a hard time with how pushy the Telus people are to sell you everything under the sun, regardless of whether you need it or not. It’s always a lot of pressure.
Thanks for your info.

Is it your browser that's out of date? Have you tried Google Chrome?

I believe it’s my actual computer, which is a 2017 model Mac. When I try to upload the app from the App Store, it does not show up. I will try your suggestion though - thank you.

I see what you mean. I don't believe your Mac will be able to download the app but you can try going to this site and you'll be able to watch through Safari: https://telustvplus.com/#/

WOW that works! THANK YOU so much for your assistance. I am really appreciative.

My pleasure! Enjoy 😎