cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No code for Android RCA TV

DaveH
Just Moved In

I just bought a new TV - an Android RCA 32" - none of the codes listed in the Telus guide work to program my optic TV remote to turn the TV on and off.  Is there a universal code???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

You can see the article located here.  If my memory serves me correctly you will have better luck with an Insginia TV code when an RCA tv. If that fails you can scan all the codes when may take time to find one. But isn't a guarantee it will find a compatible one.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

You can see the article located here.  If my memory serves me correctly you will have better luck with an Insginia TV code when an RCA tv. If that fails you can scan all the codes when may take time to find one. But isn't a guarantee it will find a compatible one.

starchoice
Ambassador
This is a common problem for off-brand TVs. RCA used to be one of the top respected brands of television but that was years ago.

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

RCA's problem is they licensed out their name to a number of different TV manufacturers in Asia and they all use different boards so the same code won't work across most of their TVs. If RCA required the manufacturers to support specific set of codes as part of the licensing deal, people wouldn't have the problems they do now when trying to program a remote.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂