cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Digital Boxes

Theo066
Neighbour

I rec'd the new digital boxes a month or two ago and I'm NOT pleased at all with the performance and access. First they tried to charge me $10 for the access. What sort of BS is that? I pay of $125 a month to Telus and the service is going to crap. I was able to negotiate it down to $5 because I threatened to send the boxes back. 

And the performance is terrible. On the TV with WiFi, it is slow to respond and I often have to reboot the digital box and even once had to reboot the router. I also don't like the way the screen and guide is set up. I can't find any way that allows me to extend a recording. Like an awards show that often runs overtime. You can't set the recording longer than the schedule is set for. Same as golf and other sports often runs overtime. Can't change it. And you used to tell when setting recording series, you could see when it was originally aired. Not anymore. 

If this problem and poor quality continues, I will cancel my OPTIK TV plan. Too frustrating. 

3 REPLIES 3

Rocky3
Rockstar

@Theo066 

GET IN LINE!

If you read a dozen threads you will see you have said nothing new from the past 18 months.

I read them all but it doesn't hurt to add more so the fools get the messages. 

MrSL
Leader

Hi @Theo066 , welcome(?) to Telus TV.

It didn't take you long to figure this system out! Shortcomings a plenty! I have been here around 18 months 😩 waiting for my 2 year term to expire... a system that you can't even add time to a recording, or schedule a series recording across channels -  arghh... you get the picture.

IMHO if you are still within the term to cancel without penalty - go for it!

edit... Sorry, just saw you were a couple of months in. That said, users have cancelled without penalty based on their experience...