cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Favourite channels

GAM
Helpful Neighbour

why do I have to keep choosing my Favourites after turning off the TV , when I turn on the TV the guide is back to My Subscribed channels 

36 REPLIES 36

Rocky3
Rockstar

Old issue. There was an update back in January I think that fixed this.

Search for how to manually do the update

GAM
Helpful Neighbour
No it didn’t

Gary

sunnyday
Neighbour

I've recently encountered the same issue.

Rocky3
Rockstar

8/12/24 GUIDE STARTS IN SUBSCRIBED 

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

Our team is aware that this issue is back and actively investigating. We'll have updates when we get them.

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.

GAM
Helpful Neighbour
The real problem is Smart TV’s I just need a TV & a network that will provide TV Stations apps if I choose to use them I don’t need Goggle Tv & all the other stuff your putting in my Smart tv

Gary

I’m having that issue again too.  The last few days it shows “favourite channels” for about half a second, then quickly reverts to “subscribed channels”. Rebooting hasn’t helped.

@TELUS_Support 

Must be frustating to be Telus support and dealing with us when something was working, then lost with the July update is still not fixed. Never mind the dozens of complaints of things that remain the same after a couple years.

GAM
Helpful Neighbour
Telus has gone pretty close to having No Customer service. My August- September bill was $20-$30 over what it should have been & when the option came up for billing the AI answering system read me off my balance & other things I wasn’t calling about. I kept saying Customer Service, Customer Rep AI kept saying I don’t understand eventually AI had enough of me & redirected my call which then took 58min before a Person answered I asked him to look at July-Aug, then look at Aug.- September billing. My bill should be the same every month give or take the odd long distance calls. I have no additions to the TV subscription, no change in the WIFI usage. Anyway in the end they reduced my Sept.-Oct. bill by $40.00 & assured me the next bill would be the $165.00 that the salesperson said it would be

Gary

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

Hey @GAM - glad to hear your billing was finally resolved. Please feel free to reach out to us here as well if you'd like in the future if there's anything you'd like to discuss and we'll be here!

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.

GAM
Helpful Neighbour
Can you help with my billing? For the previous 20+ years there never was a billing problem. When it was time to renew my contract I could call Telus ask for customer service & get connected to the Loyalty desk without difficulty, I’m not sure that’s what going to happen when it’s time to renew this time Since the AI doesn’t understand the words Customer Representative

Gary

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

We can always take a look. You mentioned that your Sept and Oct billing was sorted, so if you ever have any other billing issues in the future, let us know.

GAM
Helpful Neighbour
I have a question about internet speed I am currently on a 250 Mbps upload & Download. When I do. Speed test the download is 20.1 the upload is 4.6 I’m not sure how this relates to the 250 number

Gary

Rocky3
Rockstar

9/4/24 guide is still default subscribed. If Telus techs cannot fix what they already fixed then this is first notice of ending contract, it will not be renewed. I want My Favorites as the default menu when I open the guide,

GAM
Helpful Neighbour
Obviously it wasn’t fixed

Gary

Rocky3
Rockstar

How is it possible that for three days turn on TV, goto guide/options and My Favorite is the default. Then tonight 9/9/24 subscribed is default. What the hell is going on???

I’m having the same experience. One day it defaults to Favourites the next day it is back to Subscribed.  And then Telus has the audacity to tell us that we need to log in again or reboot when it clearly is a faulty system from their end.  I will never recommend Telus TV to anybody ever.

GAM
Helpful Neighbour
Same thing here I thought I had solved the issue, when I turn on the tv I went to Live TV & for 2 days it opened on My Favourites, this morning it was back to My Subscribed Channels

Gary

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

Our dev team is actively working on this, and we've let them know about this thread as well.

GAM
Helpful Neighbour
I have been hearing this since June 17th

Gary