cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hayu Down for Maintenance

Spice
Friendly Neighbour

About 5 days ago we added Hayu to our Optik TV package.  Hayu has been down for maintenance the whole time since we added it.

Is it worth it to wait 2 hours with customer service to try and get a credit for the time it's been down?

23 REPLIES 23

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

Have you tried restarting your equipment? What specific screen/message is it showing you when you go to the channel? Also, are you trying to access it from Optik and not a smart TV app?

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.

Spice
Friendly Neighbour
Yes we've restarted and sane message appears. I have attached a screenshot of the message on the TV.

Thanks,

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

We've forwarded it off to our Optik team who will investigate. We'll let you know once we hear back!

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.

Spice
Friendly Neighbour
Thank you.

1000005991.jpg

Hi Telus support, do you have an eta or explanation on why this is still not working? I can access a few shows by launching the channel from On Demand - Now Streaming section, but even this is only allowing a few shows. Trying to launch Hayu channel 336 from optic tv is not working at all. 

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

Not as of yet, but our team is actively working on it with high priority.

Spice
Friendly Neighbour
I sure hope we will all be getting a credit of some sort for the amount of time this has been down. We haven't been able to access it since we added it to our package. Seriously considering removing it completely.

I've tried to remove it off the app it won't let me do it I'm waiting for a phone call back now.

Spice
Friendly Neighbour
Please let me know if you do get it removed.

Dleelee
Neighbour

I've been having the same problem and nothing has worked very frustrated

MD2
Neighbour

I have the same issue, very frustrating. Would like an eta from telus for a resolution as seems ridiculous to still not be working. 

suzieq123
Neighbour

Me too.  I signed up for Hayu three days ago and I just keep getting a TELUS message saying it is under maintenance.  When will it be working? 

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

We’re currently looking into some ongoing issues with Hayu. At this moment, there’s nothing more needed from your end, but we'll be sure to keep you updated as soon as we have more information.

Spice
Friendly Neighbour
Thank you for looking into this for me.

TvWatcher
Neighbour

us as well. It’s been down for over a week now. What a waste of money and time. 

MD2
Neighbour

I just tried to access Hayu a different way and it worked for me now: On remote pressed ON DEMAND, scroll to and click STREAMING, select Hayu. Hopefully this works for you all as well. 

Oh my gosh it worked thank you so much I mean they need to fix it but still woohoo

Thank you for this! It's been down forever. You're better than Telus support

Thanks so much for the helpful information. I just tried it and about 1/2 of the shows I watch work when accessing Hayu the way you suggested. So it’s a big improvement but I am hoping TELUS is going to complete whatever maintenance work they need to do so all the shows are viewable.