cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free Previews List

BobArthur
Ambassador

Where can we find the list of upcoming free previews on the Telus website ???? Right now when I put " free previews " in the search box it takes me here: https://www.telus.com/en/tv/what-to-watch

So is there any place ( besides channel 5 ) that I can see the list of current and upcoming Telus free previews ????

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Bob, there was a business decision to pull the free previews page on the TELUS page. If this changes in the future, we'll update and have the page reinstated. 

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

Not sure if this is what you are looking for free On Demand entertainment (telus.com)

It was referenced here Blog - TELUS Neighbourhood

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

BobArthur
Ambassador

Hi FuzzyLogic - thanks for your response but I'm actually looking for a list of current and upcoming TV channels that are on a free preview. Like right now we are getting free previews of ABC Spark ( channel 327 ) and Lifetime ( channel 386 ) but both of these are scheduled to end on January 31st. 

I googled this exact same and came to this extremely unhelpful responses from Telus. Almost like a BOT wrote them.

Work for your customers Telus! This is totally not helpful at all. No questions were answered here. None.

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi. Rest assured that Kate, and myself, are not bots. At least the last time I checked. 

There was a business decision made to pull the free previews page off of the website. There are still free preview channels and a lot of similar content in our On Demand section, and if it's ever decided that there's enough demand or reason to get the free preview page reinstated, it will be.

Hi A-B - having a list of available free previews on channel 5 is fine but lately they have been missing a lot of the free previews available. Right now all that is showing is Slice and Treehouse but there are a bunch of other free previews on right now - Makeful, Cottage Life, Family Channel, Family Jr. , WildBrain TV, Smithsonian, BBC Earth and Documentary. It might have been a " business decision " to pull the Free Previews page but it wasn't a very practical one. 👎

BobArthur
Ambassador

So I just noticed a few things:

- Makeful ( channel 319 ) and The Smithsonian Channel ( channel 715 ) are now coming through. I saw somewhere that both of these channels are on a free preview from January 30th to April 2nd.

- all of the Stingray video channels ( VIBE, LOUD, RETRO and Country ) are no longer on a free preview. I'm not sure when this free preview started but they were all available to me since I joined Telus in April 2022

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

Here are the changes I've noticed:

319 Makeful - In preview

327 ABC Spark - Removed from preview

355 Cottage Life - In preview

361 Sportsman - In preview

500 Comedy - Removed from preview

501 Comedw West - Removed from preview

601 Treehouse - In preview

700 National Geographic - In preview

715 Smithsonian - In preview

725 BBC - In preview

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

BobArthur
Ambassador

So can anybody from Telus help us out here ????

Hi Bob, there was a business decision to pull the free previews page on the TELUS page. If this changes in the future, we'll update and have the page reinstated. 

OMFG - The channels on free preview to promote the channels so the channels can earn more customers & more income. If customers don't know what's on preview, that's not much of a promotion by telus and the channels are wasting their preview promotional budget. But what do I know?

BobArthur
Ambassador

Kate - I know that this wasn't your decision in any way but completely dropping the Free Previews page as a " business decision " makes absolutely no sense. I doubt it was costing Telus a lot of money to keep the page going so why close it down  ???? So now our only source for free preview updates through Telus is channel 5 - I wonder if any of the suits ( you know - the people that make these business decisions ) know or even care that it's February 5th today and channel 5 has not been updated yet to show the current free previews for February. I appreciate the response anyway Kate.

BobArthur
Ambassador

They do not appear on the Free Preview channel ( channel 5 here in Vancouver ) yet but BBC Earth ( channel 725 ) and Cottage Life ( channel 355 ) are both on a free preview from February 26th to April 28th. Also - the Documentary Channel ( channel 731 ) and Treehouse ( channel 601 ) are on a free preview from March 1st to March 31st. 

Showoff
Just Moved In
I’ve been with Telus for YEARS.. and this is the worst response ever… not a good look Telus. I was literally googling this exact same and the responses from Telus are infuriating. Almost like a BOT posted them. With no actual helpful information. Work for your customers Telus.