cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fast forwarding or rewinding doesn't show timeline

Rural_dog
Friendly Neighbour
Why isn't there a timeline of where I am in a show?
I fast forward but I'm doing it blindly. I have no idea if there's 5 minutes left or 45 minutes.

Is there something I can turn on to show it?
5 REPLIES 5

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

Strange as there should be a progress bar at the bottom of the screen when fast forwarding and rewinding. Possibly you have the screen resolution misconfigured so it's off screen?

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

Rural_dog
Friendly Neighbour
Exactly, that's why I'm asking! I figured out if I push the "10 second fast forward" button or rewind, there's no progress bar. But if I use the actual fast forward/rewind buttons the bar is there.

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

OK I misunderstood. There is no progress bar when using the skip ahead/back buttons. There is for Fast Forward and Rewind. Possibly put in a suggestion in the Ideas section of the forum to add this feature.

You can hit the OK button while a show is playing to bring up the progress bar.

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

xray
Hero

That's the way it's supposed to work. The skip ahead and replay back buttons have a fixed time increment so there's no need to display the time. Those buttons aren't meant to replace rewind or fast forward.

xray
Hero

Actually, I like the way it works now. I use the replay button for sports and the progress bar would likely block out what I want to see (especially hockey). I use the skip ahead for commercials on recorded shows so no need to know the time, I just stop skipping when the commercials end.