cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crave app and website not letting me login with TELUS account

Eppic
Just Moved In
Our crave app on our phones and the Crave website won’t let us login in any longer. It keeps saying our Optik TV username or password is incorrect but it’s not. I can login to optik TV with my username and password no problem, but not Crave while using the same info. This worked fine up until a few days ago. When googling I notice this has happened a lot but there are no solutions. Anyone else having the same problem and did you figure out a solution?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Danbo
Just Moved In

@Eppic 

Are you using the application on an Apple device?

When you are logging into the application, read the instructions carefully when it asks for your login, specifically which account type to login with.

TELUS is transitioning towards a single sign on method, you may see this pop up if you are using their iOS apps. What this means is that the Optik TV accounts are being phased out and you will have to login using your My Telus account. For now it seems to only impact Apple devices.

Here is what I tested and found:

On my iPhone, it asks me to login using a My Telus account.

On my Apple TV, it is asks me to login via crave.ca/apple using an Optik TV account.

On Crave.ca, it asks me to login using an Optik TV account.

If you need to reset your Optik TV account, reset your account on the digital box first then go to https://watchoptik.telus.com/ on your browser. You should allow you to enter the confirmation number. If I remember correctly, it does require a weak password (alphanumerical only, short length < 8 characters).

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Danbo
Just Moved In

@Eppic 

Are you using the application on an Apple device?

When you are logging into the application, read the instructions carefully when it asks for your login, specifically which account type to login with.

TELUS is transitioning towards a single sign on method, you may see this pop up if you are using their iOS apps. What this means is that the Optik TV accounts are being phased out and you will have to login using your My Telus account. For now it seems to only impact Apple devices.

Here is what I tested and found:

On my iPhone, it asks me to login using a My Telus account.

On my Apple TV, it is asks me to login via crave.ca/apple using an Optik TV account.

On Crave.ca, it asks me to login using an Optik TV account.

If you need to reset your Optik TV account, reset your account on the digital box first then go to https://watchoptik.telus.com/ on your browser. You should allow you to enter the confirmation number. If I remember correctly, it does require a weak password (alphanumerical only, short length < 8 characters).

Hope this helps.

Eppic
Just Moved In

Thanks, I was able to get it working a few days ago.  The instructions Telus gave me didn't work as they told me I had to re-create my Optik account. When I did that I received the email with a confirmation code but I had no place to put it when I deleted and re-added my optik tv app on my Iphone. I was only able to enter my original username and password, not a confirmation number, and then optik app still worked but when I re-downloaded the crave app, it still didn’t work. 

However I went on the crave app, went to “forgot my password” which took me back to Optik and then I was able to put the confirmation code there. Once I did, it told me to make a password. I just used my original password I was using and it seems to work now. I don’t know if the crave app is now synced to a separate Optik account as I used the same email and password and if this will cause problems. But right now it’s working. 

Reading your reply, it sounds like it would have been much easier to just go to the link you attached and put the confirmation code there.  I recommend people who are having this problem to do that first 🙂