cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chinese channels 2801 and 2802 not working?

Chibiko
Organizer

The channels are down for more than 12 hours. Is this normal?  I just subscribed to Optik TV and the chinese package, got the box on Tuesday and Thursday can't watch it since afternoon.  If this happens often, I'd better cancel the service while I'm still on the 30 days of testing the service before I got trap for 2 years contract. 

17 REPLIES 17

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

Is it just these channels or are you experiencing issues with any others? There may be an issue with the broadcasters themselves.

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.

Looks like just these 2 chinese channels

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

Gotcha. There are no reports of those channels having issues. If rebooting your equipment doesn't resolve the issue, your best bet may be to reach out to our Tech Support team so they can investigate for you!

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.

Those 2 channels are down for me too

I have rebooted the box as soon as I see that message since yesterday.  And I tried watching online or Telus TV+ App and all are not working.  I guess it got hit by the big bug out there?

and strangely, these 2 Chinese channels are working on Shaw Cable.  I was about to switch over from Shaw to Telus and this problem arise.  So I'm a bit in doubt, does this happen often?

kira0500
Neighbour

This happened to me too. It's still not working. I rebooted the boxes and had the wifi reset too.

The channels are not working for me either.  Its been down since 4pm yesterday.  I've rebooted and reset the Wifi as well.  The error message is saying "This channel is currently not available. The provider of this channel is experiencing technical difficulties."

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

It appears that the broadcaster is experiencing technical difficulties. We've flagged this to the appropriate team for investigation and will provide updates as we get them!

Slownickle
Neighbour

Hello,

Fairchild TV channels 2801 and 2802 are not working. Its been down since 4pm yesterday July 18, 2024. There's an error message saying "This channel is currently unavailable. The provider of this channel is experiencing technical difficulties..." Is there a fix for this or just continue to wait until it comes back up?  

Thank you,

I've rebooted and reset the Wifi but its still down.

It appears that the broadcaster is experiencing technical difficulties at this time. Our Optik team is aware of the issue and monitoring. We'll provide updates as we get them!

Thanks for the reply, appreciate it.  hope is is resolved soon.  I think its' a Telus issue cause I have friends also on Telus that is not affected.

I hope both parties are not blaming each other and no one is fixing it.  On Fairchild's website it says "due to a technical failure in Telus, subscribers are unable to watch our programs normally"

Thank you! I also think this is a TELUS problem because I can also watch it using a different provider. 

I hope it gets resolved soon. 

Same here, I can watch them on Shaw.  Since I was about to switch over from Shaw to Telus, so I want to make sure box is working before I cut off Shaw.

Is this problem appear often in Telus?

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

No, this isn't a frequent issue. There are however from time to time issues with broadcasters. Our team is aware and working on a resolution as quickly as possible.

For this particular situation, this is actually the first time it's happened to me with this problem. 

All the other issues were caused by a box issue, either resolved with a quick reset or a new box. My issues with the TV box was mainly because my box was way actually dying after 15 years of use. I haven't had an tv box issues since I got a new one 2 years ago.