cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we get our previous Telus box and remote? New 21T terrible....

NCor
Neighbour

6 REPLIES 6

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

Hi @NCor - You might need to speak to our support team to look at options. Please send us a private message if you need assistance

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.

The functionality of the 21T is clumsy and in some cases non-existant compared to the previous remote and box system we had previously before our move 6-7 weeks ago. Is it possible to get those systems back for our use?

Neil Cormier

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

You may need to speak to our support team for that. Feel free to send us a private message and we can discuss further, thanks.

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.

assia
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi, NCor,

when you say "clumsy", which features do you mean specifically? Also which ones from the pervious box and remote control do you say are missing completely?

1. Recordings are not described with channel and time and date of recording.
2. In order to access recordings, I have to go through three steps.
3. While fast forwarding, the show is not reviewing. No idea at what point the FF is at other than a time.
4. When turning on TV with the remote that has been tuned to the particular TV, does not go directly to TV but puts on a screen with other choices. Have to press guide twice to access TV.
5. When using Guide to scan future programming, shows do not load or do so very slowly. Have to leave the scan and try again.
6. Previous remote buttons are not on new remote and with no instruction booklet, makes it difficult or impossible to figure out where those functions are or if they exist.

These are the issues that come to mind - I may have forgotten some.

assia
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Thank you, this is super helpful and very informative!

Regarding "In order to access recordings, I have to go through three steps." -- you can long-press the Rec button on the remote, and this will take you straight to your recordings.

"While fast forwarding, the show is not reviewing. No idea at what point the FF is at other than a time." - we have an improvement planned for September which will allow a full-screen preview and help you see where you are going while FF'ing.

This issue "Recordings are not described with channel and time and date of recording." is on our short-term list as well, so you should see that info soon.

We are also aware of the other problems you listed, and are working on them, but I don't have a firm date yet. I know this is little re-assurance, since your current experience is affected, but at least those improvements are coming!

Please share any other issues you encounter - I know it takes time to report and describe them, but this will help us give those fixes priority. Thanks once more!