cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

digital box issues

Heli
Neighbour

I have lived with the new box for 2 months and am ready to throw it out the window.

-- Menu, why does it ALWAYS default to subscribed channels when turning the TV on. There is no save the option button. Really

-- when I turn on the tv I expect it to turn on tv and not go to an APPS splash screen. I just would like to watch tv, 99% of the time. I know where the HOME button is if I really need it. Last channel would be a good starting point.

-- Picture quality is TERRIBLE! Very very few shows actually look okay. Most shows are low definition that is poorly upscaled and color over saturated. I know it is not my system as the picture quality with my old 4K PVR box was very good (I would take that box back in a heartbeat).

-- remote has Netflix/Prime buttons. Why? You have to have everything running before those buttons work, might as well start the apps from splash screen that shows all the apps. The tv's remote has same buttons but will start the system and go to Netflix or Prime immediately.

-- recording of shows is hit and miss. shows that I was positive I set series record on, have fallen of the list.

-- recordings that go long would be nice to get the whole show recorded.

-- it is still asking to complete setting up the tv, I do not need Google to operate a tv. I should be able to get rid of that option.

This new box is a step in the wrong direction.

The 90 day recording save time is a showstopper to many of my friends that save their recordings to be viewed much later. I would not recommend this to anyone at this time.

1 REPLY 1

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

Hi @Heli - Thank you for the feedback and we will pass this along to our team

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.