cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't edit Scheduled Recordings

JeffR
Friendly Neighbour

I'm having an issue with the new Telus TV+ system. When I set up a new Series Recording, it defaults to First Run and Reruns. However, when I try to edit the series to First Run only, it won't update. I get an error "Series recording can't be updated. No first run airing soon."

Is this a known issue, or am I doing something wrong?

8 REPLIES 8

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hmm, that is odd. @KHR or @Optik-Kate either of you heard of this issue?

Optik-Kate
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

@JeffR Thank you for flagging, I've forwarded this to our development team for further investigation. 

Is there any update on this. I just switched to Telus from Shaw and because most shows are done for this year it's hard to add the series I watch to my list as it records ALL episodes. I just want new runs only.

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Optik-Kate has there been any headway on this issue?

Mjwatts
Friendly Neighbour
@Optik-KateI've also run into another annoyance that you can't record the same series on multiple channels. So for Formula 1 racing events where TSN seems to randomly choose which channel for each part of a race weekend, I can get it to only record F1 on one channel. So THIS weekend I can get qualifying on Saturday and the race on Sunday, but not the practice session on Friday. I think you should be able to select ALL CHANNELS and it just picks one of the available ones. Coming from Shaw and I wouldn't have guessed this would be a problem.

It’s probably a storage saving method.

Mjwatts
Friendly Neighbour

Perhaps. It just seems like a lack of logic in their programming. Just pick the first channel with the specific event. It shouldn't need to record them all just one copy. Next season of F1 I am signing up for F1TV Pro. Between TSN and Telus, this is becoming a PITA.

Technically, the shortcoming is that if the particular feed, which the telco chooses to save, is down, then anyone who watch this event is affected.
Additionally, putting a program on cloud & allows people to watch from the same source turns the business model into on-demand or streaming services. This change needs negotiations.