cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any tips for better audio quality?

Optikalist
Friendly Neighbour
Just wondering if I'm missing a setting somewhere. My audio is terrible, dialogue is difficult to catch often run my sound bar @80 just so I don't need captions, meanwhile background noise and music are overbearing and just trash quality. Upgraded my audio set up and it's the same...super frustrating, somebody please help me out, I don't want to hear it's compression....I see I'm not the only one complaining, and Telus keeps marking these solved...TELUS DO BETTER PLEASE!!
8 REPLIES 8

KHR
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Are there particular channels or shows where you notice it more than others? There is a very good chance that the audio quality is related to the programming provided by the content providers, and not something TELUS can control.  There was a very interesting piece by Vox posted to YouTube recently called Why we all need subtitles now. (link) It's 10 minutes, but an interesting overview of how sound recording and editing has changed over the years.

Optikalist
Friendly Neighbour
It's across the board, it only improves when using a different input

Optikalist
Friendly Neighbour
If I stream through my Chromecast from let's say global it's perfect but anything through Telus sounds terrible, I've tried switching physical inputs, I won't accept it's the content providers issue for this reason

Optikalist
Friendly Neighbour
Wondering if you would be able to provide the db ratings on the settop box from 1 to 25 on the volume settings

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

What I did was to disconnect my sound bar and TV, and turn the volume of the set top box to full (25?), then reconnect my sound bar / TV and set it to about 4. If I recall, I  needed to unpair / reset the set top box so it became the sound source, then re-pair the two.

If you are trying to increase the audio of a low level signal, you are going to experience poor sound quality.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Optikalist
Friendly Neighbour
Set top is set to 25

So I did grab another remote that's not paired with anything and adjust the volume down and up it seems as if there's no difference at all. It just seems to mute the audio on zero but between 1 and 25, I can't tell a difference thanks for the thought though

What sound bar do you have and what setting is selected on the audio bar dollby surround, stereo etc. I run a Bose sound bar and have no issues.