cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scam Artists?

Sherman80
Neighbour

So, I cancelled a data account I had after the contract was done on one of those "free tablets". I got confirmation, account was closed. My ex-husband (separated at the time) gave the tablet to his new gf's kid. He used it for a bunch of weird/sketchy crap. I got my next bill and the charges were insane.  Over $1500 in total. I called Telus, I explained to them what happened and they said that they saw the notes agreed with what I told them, but the person made a mistake and didn't properly close the account. They said they could not/ would not reverse the charges. I will admit, I got angry. I the agent that I wanted to speak with a manager but, the manager backed up their agent. They said that they could do a payment arrangement to pay the total off over a month or two, but my new charges would still accrue. 

I told them NO and that I wanted to cancel my account all together. They did and I got a HUGE bill for the remainder of my contracts on my phones that I couldn't afford. I called several times to clear up the mess as I'd been a loyal customer for many years. They still refused to help me. 

Has anyone else been scammed like this?

1 REPLY 1

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

Hi there, can you send us a private message so we can look into this with you? 

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.