cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still received bill after canceling home internet account with telus

TriLocHo
Neighbour

Dear Telus Support,

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to bring your attention to a billing discrepancy that I have noticed.

My last day with Telus was on August 15, yet I received a bill for $153 for the month of September. Additionally, my previous bill for August amounted to $85, which seemed accurate for that period. However, I believe I may have been mistakenly charged for the remainder of August, and I need clarification on how these charges were calculated.

On August 3, I called your support team at 1-888-811-2323 to notify you of my intent to cancel services with Telus. I also received an email from Telus on August 7 regarding the return of my equipment, which confirms the cancellation process was acknowledged. Below is the full content of the email I received.
"

You recently spoke with one of our Care Representatives about returning your TELUS equipment. Please note that if the equipment is not returned, charges will be applied to your next bill. Additionally, there is no need to contact TELUS to report your waybill number when sending back the equipment.

How to return your equipment:

1. Package your equipment
    • Package your equipment (either the original box or another appropriately sized box).
    • Include a copy of the first page of your recent TELUS bill in the box to verify the following information:
      • First and last name of account holder
      • Telephone number associated with the account
      • Your account number (This information can be found in the header section of your TELUS bill.)
      • Service address of account holder

Note: We are not able to process the return without this information.

1. Take your package to Canada Post

• Visit your nearest Canada Post outlet and let the representative know that you're returning equipment to TELUS and quote the return ID number PR142924.
    • Rest assured, there will be no cost to you and Canada Post will print the label and unique waybill number for your box.
  2. Track your package until it gets to TELUS

• You are responsible for the returned products until they have been received by TELUS. Please ensure that you save your prepaid waybill number so you can track it on the Canada Post website.
    • If you have returned the equipment but still see a charge on your bill, please call 310-2255 and provide us with your shipping waybill number."

My account number is: [Mod Edit: removed account number]. My name is [Mod Edit: removed personal name]. I can give you my phone number if you want
Thank you,
Tri Loc Ho

1 REPLY 1

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

Hey @TriLocHo we can help resolve this issue. Please send us a private message and we will help! Also please don't put account numbers or any personal information in a public way.

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.