cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Marketing Calls

brentleyanders
Neighbour

Anyone figure out how to stop all the marketing calls when you are already a client?
I have contacted customer service 3 times to have me added to the do not call list in their marketing department and the call frequency has actually increased.  Every time I call they assure me I wont get anymore calls unless its billing related and yet my call list reads TELUS TELUS TELUS TELUS TELUS 1-2 times daily.   Im >this< close to cancelling my service with all the harassment. 

4 REPLIES 4

brentleyanders
Neighbour

I have been confirmed added to the list 3 times by customer service and it still doesnt stop.  Over a month of calls 1-2 times daily.   I DO NOT WANT A 2 YEAR CONTRACT because they obviously dont do what they say they are going to do.  Still dont have a wireless router 8 weeks into my service even though I was assured week #2 it was "on the way".  This company seems completely disorganized between departments.

dru
Community Manager
Community Manager

@brentleyanders It's totally weird and the process is completely out of step for what our teams are expected to follow. I've sent a PM to learn a bit more and for next steps. 🙂

Your customer service team seems to follow the steps, but I shouldnt have to be added to a "Do not call" list 3 times for the calls to stop.   Im also amazed about the wireless modem because I was assured it was on the way, yet when I called 4 weeks later they told me it was crediting -5$ to my bill so that I wasnt charged for it.  Obviously someone at Telus knew I wasnt going to get my modem if they were already crediting it back to me.  Very little effort was made to make sure I had the hardware I needed to use the service I am paying for.   After a month I just went and purchased my own modem.  Big fail on telus' part.

BL04
Neighbour

I just did it now... they email replied (quite quickly) saying that all my lines are removed from marketing calls for 3 years... we'll see if that takes. 

[email protected] or by telephone, toll free, at 1-800-567-0000

Also note, lots of fake 1-800/1-866 numbers out there that pose as TELUS.