cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Legal Obstacles

Canoehead
Neighbour

Since the end of May, I have endeavored to deal with the Legal Document Power of Attorney Desk with no success. At that time, my mother was diagnosed by two doctors as having dementia. She now resides in a secure supportive living facility in NE Calgary. I submitted the Power of Attorney document to this department only to find out that an additional document was to accompany the original POA confirming incapacity by two doctors as specified in the POA. I submitted a confirmation from one doctor and the discharge report from the other doctor who confirmed that both doctors had assessed my mother with dementia. Despite several emails to this department, I have not received a decision on this matter. Meanwhile, I cannot close out her account; which continues to be billed for services she no longer uses. Interestingly, no other company or institution I have dealt with have needed anything other than the POA and those companies have responded in a timely manner. Moreover, adding to the frustration, is that the telephone number that was given is not operational due to " unforeseen circumstances". Customers are asked to call back later but to no avail. 

This situation has become intolerable.

RP

2 REPLIES 2

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Interesting. My recent Power of Attorney (not Alberta) allows the Attorney to act on behalf of the grantee without proof of disability. I would continue the process by mail, with a demand of account closure dated your first request.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

Thank you for reaching out to us regarding the ongoing issue with the Legal Document Power of Attorney Desk. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and frustration this has caused you during such a challenging time.

We understand the urgency and importance of this matter. We regret that our processes have caused a delay and additional stress. Please be assured that your concern is a priority for us. Can you please send us a private message so we can further assist. 

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.