cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I keep getting calls

Marshalltheman
Just Moved In
I keep getting calls from 888 811 2323. There will be a few seconds of silence, sometimes I say hello? I never get an answer but they quickly hang up. I tried calling the number and it was Telus support? Why is this happening?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Calls are likely not who they appear from, as numbers can be spoofed (faked). Usually when tax time rolls around the scammers are out in full force. 

You can log into your MyTelus account. Click on the home phone menu above and enable call control. You can have a select approved list of phone numbers, that will let your phone ring instantly. If the number is not on the list. They will have to challenge and press a number to let the call through.

The vast majority are auto dialers which will fail and your phone will never ring for these calls. As it requires human interaction.

You can learn more about Call Control here. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

polecat
All-Star

@Marshalltheman  It is robo call do not answer. Google reverse lookup and go on 411 lookup from there you report a spam call. Also google do not call list and register your number on the Canada do not call list. This service is free. If you quite answering the calls from weird area code numbers they will stop in a week or so. Then a new one may start up. Just don't answer them.

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Calls are likely not who they appear from, as numbers can be spoofed (faked). Usually when tax time rolls around the scammers are out in full force. 

You can log into your MyTelus account. Click on the home phone menu above and enable call control. You can have a select approved list of phone numbers, that will let your phone ring instantly. If the number is not on the list. They will have to challenge and press a number to let the call through.

The vast majority are auto dialers which will fail and your phone will never ring for these calls. As it requires human interaction.

You can learn more about Call Control here.