Transfer Your Number From Another Provider To TELUS
When making the switch to TELUS, transferring your phone number over from your old provider is easy. Check out this handy video to walk you through the process.
1. You'll need your new TELUS SIM card, the SIM card from your old provider, the previous provider's account number or the IMEI number, and the device you'll be using with TELUS. Note: make sure your current phone number remains active to complete the transfer.
2. Log in at www.telus.com/transfernumber
3. Select either the previous provider's account number, or the IMEI number depending on what you have on hand. Note: to get your device's IMEI number, you can simply dial: *#06#
4. Click 'Get Started' and fill out the required information.
5. Review and confirm your transfer details by clicking 'Submit'.
6. You'll receive an SMS from your old service provider to your old SIM card.
7. Reply 'YES' to the message within 90 minutes.
8. Insert your new SIM card into the device you'll use with TELUS, and you'll receive a welcome message from TELUS once the transfer is complete. Note: this may take up to 2.5 hours to complete.
For other great how-to videos, be sure to check out the official TELUS YouTube page, and if you have any other questions be sure to ask the community over at our Mobility forums.