cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

scam

johan1108
Just Moved In

Hi all,

I got a call from TELUS and was offered very good deal over the phone.

I received wrong phones that were different than what I agreed so I returned it.

The TELUS person sent the phones again but was wrong phone again.

The return label was from TELUS Webstore [email protected]

and it's being sent to a Ontario address that looks like a home address, instead of a warehouse. 

Is the email address legit? is it a scam?

johan1108_0-1671511908487.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

It is a scam.

TelusSales.ca was only first registered on December 16, 2022. It is not a Telus domain. That domain points to a European web host and there is no website associated with it. Just a generic landing page from the web host. 

You may want to forward the information about what happened to [email protected].

Edit: You can also contact Telus customer service directly to confirm that they didn't send you anything. Either by chat or phone, or even a local Telus store. If you gave the "Telus rep" that originally called you any personal info, especially passwords and payment info, you may want to change everything. 

From: https://www.telus.com/en/support/article/identity-theft-fraud . 

If your email password was taken:
  • Change your password immediately
  • Do not ever use your old password again
  • Watch for any unusual emails arriving
  • Warn those that you email that they may get suspicious emails from your email address
If it was banking/credit card information:
  • Contact your financial institution or credit card company to report the loss
  • If you have an online banking account, change the password
  • Review your statements closely. Report any discrepancies immediately
  • Consider opening a new account and/or cancelling the credit card

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

It is a scam.

TelusSales.ca was only first registered on December 16, 2022. It is not a Telus domain. That domain points to a European web host and there is no website associated with it. Just a generic landing page from the web host. 

You may want to forward the information about what happened to [email protected].

Edit: You can also contact Telus customer service directly to confirm that they didn't send you anything. Either by chat or phone, or even a local Telus store. If you gave the "Telus rep" that originally called you any personal info, especially passwords and payment info, you may want to change everything. 

From: https://www.telus.com/en/support/article/identity-theft-fraud . 

If your email password was taken:
  • Change your password immediately
  • Do not ever use your old password again
  • Watch for any unusual emails arriving
  • Warn those that you email that they may get suspicious emails from your email address
If it was banking/credit card information:
  • Contact your financial institution or credit card company to report the loss
  • If you have an online banking account, change the password
  • Review your statements closely. Report any discrepancies immediately
  • Consider opening a new account and/or cancelling the credit card

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

johan1108
Just Moved In
Thanks for the info.
I have contacted the email address you have provided.
Even the Telus people can’t tell if it’s scam as it showed in the system that they have sent the devices to me…. So weird