cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

poor cell service in the Westlake Subdivision Red Deer

Booker
Friendly Neighbour

I have complained several times about the poor cell service in the West lake Subdivision through the mobility app with no reply or communication from TELUS. Every one that has TELUS as a provider in this neighborhood has complained to no avail. Is there no recourse for the dropped calls, slow data, or no communication for potential emergencies through 911. Does TELUS require this area to have the old land line for reliable service? Unacceptable service for what I am paying for. TELUS needs to step up to the plate and rectify the lack of dependable service or risk losing customers to competitor's who are able to provide a reliable service. Some communication from TELUS about this situation would be appreciated. The next steps are to complain to the CRTC as I feel that in the City of Red Deer there should be reliable service within the boundary's of Red Deer.

4 REPLIES 4

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

You can report cell service issues here

Is your cell using 5G or LTE? If using 5G revert back to LTE and see if that helps.

I have reported the poor cell service via the link you sent 5 times in the last several months and never received a reply, call or email.

Booker
Friendly Neighbour

Tried LTE instead of 5G, even worse. 

Syaoran
All-Star

Reports about service issues can take quite some time to investigate, diagnose, and find a solution for.  The demand for workers who are qualified to go up on to cell towers can also create long delays in addressing network issues.  

What device are you using?  If it is an iPhone X to 14.  The Intel modems on those devices definitely might be a factor in the weak reception.  Is it just indoors that you are having issues?  Is there construction in the area that could potentially be creating some interference?