cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Telus identity verification links do not point to telus.com?

dominicl
Advocate

To avoid scams, the first thing we teach users is to look at link URLs before clicking them. If it doesn't say facebook.com it's not facebook, if it doesn't say telus.com it's not Telus!! Yet, when you try to sign-up for a Telus cellphone plan you get a text message from a 205 area code (Alabama) asking you to send a picture of your photo id to a amalgameast.reauthid.com link. hmm that doesn't smell phishy at all!

Please Telus, change the system to point to your own domain telus.com. I do not care if this is actually a legit thirdparty company processing id verification on your behalf. You should implement something with that thirdparty company to host the customer-facing URL on your own servers.

5 REPLIES 5

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

That doesn't sound like a legitimate communication from us. Have you spoken with our team about this?

I mentioned my concern to the Telus Web Store representative who called me, and I confirmed afterwards that it was a legitimate communication (they sent me a confirmation from [email protected]), but I still refuse to provide my info to that non-Telus URL.

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Ahh sorry for misunderstanding. If it was from one of our agents then it'll be secure and legitimate. They'll be there to assist should you ever change your mind!

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

That doesn't sound right. What process/link are you using to sign up for the cellphone plan?

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

I went to telus.com, Log-in, Mobility, Plans, Bring your own device, etc.