cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volte

Paulbuiltit
Just Moved In
Will you enable it for OnePlus 3t phones.
4 REPLIES 4

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

This Neighbourhood is inhabited by customers, just like you. We have no insight to Telus business plans, and no connection to the internal workings of Telus. We volunteer to share knowledge about Telus products and services which we have gained by experience or surmise. We are free to express our own opinions and comments, which may not always be in agreement with the ideals of Telus.  As such, we could at best guess that once phones & network is ready, the OnePlus phones will be added.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

It's not currently enabled for most phones. The list of currently supported devices is here. Only 4 Android devices in total on it and they aren't the latest flagship ones.

The OnePlus is not a phone Telus provides so it's hard to say what will happen. I know the OP3t hardware supports VoLTE and should the software (if Oxygen OS) but I'm not sure what else from Telus' end is needed for it to work as it appears to be done on a per device basis.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

xz
Neighbour

Here, here!  Waiting for VoLTE support for OP3T in Quebec.

I would be very surprised if Telus supported VoLTE for any non-Telus phones (unlocked non-carrier branded phones other than iPhone's) anytime in the near to semi-distant future. Telus already has very limited devices that support VoLTE and would need to be much more active in ensuring their own branded devices they sell all support VoLTE before ever thinking of offering VoLTE support to non-Telus phones.

The only North American carrier that I know of that pretty supports pretty much any unlocked and non-carrier branded phones is T-Mobile in the USA.