cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Telus 4G LTE without B29?

makter
Neighbour

Hi all - I'm visiting Canada soon and wanting to purchase a prepaid SIM to use for calls and data while travelling.

Just wanting to confirm though that my phone will work without issues on the Telus network - hoping that maybe the knowledgeable folk on here might be able to comment. 

I'm mainly concerned about 4G LTE compatibility, and as far as I can gather, Telus uses these LTE bands across the country: B2, B4, B5, B7, B12, B13, B17 and B29

I have an iPhone 14 Pro - however my version of this phone (unlike the Canadian domestic model) is missing B29.

Would anyone here be able to comment on whether this will impact on my coverage and/or data speeds?

I will mostly be in regional areas of BC, but also a bit of time in Alberta (mainly around Calgary).

Any insight will be greatly appreciated!

1 REPLY 1

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

If you have an iPhone, you'll likely not run into issues. Band 29 is used in some rural areas but not many. Most Telus towers in BC/Alberta primarily use AWS (B4) for LTE. Band 2 and 5 can also be found on most towers. I haven't seen a single tower that is only band 29.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂