cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rude Telus Telemarketers

ruMBleFish
Just Moved In

Does this happen others?  At 10:34 am today I picked up a phone call from someone that identified themselves as Eric from Telus.  He started with "How are you doing today?"  He spoke so fast, I asked him to repeat it, which he did.  I responded "I'm quite busy.  How can I help you sir?"  And he hung up.  My call display showed 604 423 2152 and when I called it, the number didn't exist.  I poked around on Telus's website and cannot find where to complain about this.  Firstly he interrupted what I was doing, which is okay.  But when I so politely responded to him and he hung up me it really got my goat.  I get calls from Rogers telemarketers all the time and they have never done that.

Does anyone know how I would remove myself from Telus's call lists that they give to their sub contractors like rude Eric, so that my day is not longer interrupted by people trying to sell me devices, services and plans that I do not want?  If I want something, I'll reach out to Telus and make arrangements, otherwise, I never want to be telemarketer too again by them.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

waqqas31
Friendly Neighbour

That was a scammer.  I've received multiple calls from them.  They have nothing to do with Telus.  If you ask them anything, their lack of professionalism will be evident immediately.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

waqqas31
Friendly Neighbour

That was a scammer.  I've received multiple calls from them.  They have nothing to do with Telus.  If you ask them anything, their lack of professionalism will be evident immediately.

dru
Community Manager
Community Manager

@waqqas31 is right; it is likely a scammer. TELUS does not call from local phone numbers. If we call, it'll be from our official toll-free contact numbers (that can be found on our site). That said, it does not preclude scammers from spoofing official numbers which is frustrating to say the least. 

If the call leads to an exchange of personal information, I recommend stopping the conversation and asking the caller to leave the notes on your account (cancelled accounts will still allow notes) so that you can look up the official number to call back at your convenience. We will never use "act now or risk losing the offer" tactics to pressure you into providing info. As a reminder, if the deal sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

If you believe the call is fraudulent, I recommend reporting it to the Canada Anti-fraud Centre.