cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rate Increase

Me21
Just Moved In

I had two phones on my account.  When I received my February 2024 bill I noted that one of the phones was at the same rate as previously, probably due to it being on a contract.  The other phone which is only for emergency/unanticipated situation use and is phone only (no data) increased in price from the $23.08 plus tax I was paying previously to $32,50 plus tax.  By my arithmetic, that is a 40.814% increase.  I realize that we are in an inflationary period, but a 40% increase??...  I ported the phone number out to another carrier, and imagine my surprise when the other carrier gave me service for $1.50 less than I had been paying Telus prior to February 2024.  Where is the CRTC when we need them?  I thought rates were supposed to be regulated.  I have been a long term customer, but if the monthly operating cost for my remaining phone goes up like this when the contract is finished, I'm gone.

3 REPLIES 3

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

All price increases are made known via billing note updates (in advance, of course) and every bill should list out and detail every charge, be it a regular or new one. Did you speak with our Mobility team to inquire about the increase?

Me21
Just Moved In
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
I did not.  I do not argue about price.  Pricing is the company's prerogative, and it's my prerogative to make a change if I feel it appropriate.  I simply ported out the number to another carrier.

HOTROD2024
Friendly Neighbour

They cant increase your rate once on your on . so if plan is 80 then they have to keep you   at 80 a month if phone is 25 a month they have to keep at 25 a month plus taxes.